Re: [Hampshire] Re: Slide/neg scanning (Dr Adam J Trickett)

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: stephen.davies, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: Slide/neg scanning (Dr Adam J Trickett)
Stephen,

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 at 06:42:19AM +0000, Stephen Davies wrote:
> I have a Nikon Coolscan 4000 which uses FireWire and has SANE Support OOTB.
> I have never got my hands on a CoolScan V or 5000 which AFAIK, is pretty
> much the same as a IV/4000 but uses USB instead of FireWire.

Interesting. From SANE did you have full access to all the options in
the scanner? I see from the SANE site that the the USB based 50 ED
and V have only minimal SANE support, whereas the 30 and 40ED are
complete, and the 4000ED and 8000ED are good... Just my luck!

Nikon only currently make the CoolScan V, Super CoolScan 5000 and 9000.
The V is poorly supported, and the 5000 may be similar to the 50 and
the 9000 may be similar to the 8000, which are supported, but they
are untested!

> If anyone is interested, I'll bring it along to the next meeting.

Interested, but I don't know if I'll be there yet.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

A feature is a bug with seniority.