Re: [Hampshire] Samba and MS vista

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Samba and MS vista
On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:41:52 -0000 (GMT)
"Vic" <lug@???> wrote:

> > But apart from checking that the ports are open in service.conf
> > how can I test that each port is open and can be seen by the
> > vista box.
>
> nmap.
>
> But note that if our magnificent Government do what they've
> promised, that solution will involve committing a criminal offence
> if you do it past May :-(

as I read the article on El Reg even having nmap et al on your
computer will be an offence. I don't know if any of the 'offending'
applications come by default with any distro but it seems to be a yet
another badly conceived idea typical of this govt.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package