[Hampshire] [Fwd: can't get rid of a package]

Author: Mike Burrows
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] [Fwd: can't get rid of a package]
sorry. sent from wrong account
--
Mike Burrows <testermike@???>
Hello Folks.

Gooned up a printer driver install and now stuck coz I can't go back and
start over:

marvin:/home/testermike# aptitude
purge /home/testermike/brother/mfc240ccupswrapper-1.0.0-9.i386.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
You can only specify a package archive with an 'install' command.
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Setting up mfc240ccupswrapper (1.0.0-9) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/mfc240ccupswrapper.postinst: line
3: /usr/local/Brother/Printer/mfc240c/cupswrapper/cupswrappermfc240c: No
such file or directory
dpkg: error processing mfc240ccupswrapper (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
mfc240ccupswrapper
A package failed to install. Trying to recover:
marvin:/home/testermike#

How can I get rid of this package please?

TIA
Mike

--
Mike Burrows <testermike@???>