Re: [Hampshire] Samba and MS vista

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Samba and MS vista
Tim wrote:
> So the problem looks like either mepis 7 or samba (yes you did say that in an
> earlier post Phil!!).
>
> I am going to remove Samba and reinstall and do a test using the mepis live CD
> as well

Tim, probably not your problem, but be aware that SElinux permissions
can cause the share to be invisible. I had to change the context on a
directory I created to user_u:object_r:user_home_dir_t:s0 .

ls -alZ /home/user
drwx------ user user user_u:object_r:user_home_dir_t:s0 .

To check if enabled view /etc/selinux/config. To disable change to and
reboot :-

SELINUX=disabled

or use sudo setenforce 0 to turn off temporarily.

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk