Re: [Hampshire] Documenting Stuff

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Documenting Stuff
On Monday 07 Jan 2008, Paul Tansom wrote:
> ** john lewis <johnlewis@???> [2008-01-07 15:46]:
> > On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 13:48:12 +0000
> >
> > Paul Tansom <paul@???> wrote:
> > > ** john lewis <johnlewis@???> [2008-01-06 17:24]:

> > > <<snip>>
> > > ** end quote [john lewis]
> > >
> > > I'm probably going to regret posting this without checking...
> > >
> > > ...so I've just checked, and yes the Dokuwiki [1] install I'm
> > > using does work quite happily with Opera.
> >
> > It looks nice and simple, but on reading through the installation
> > notes I noticed 'restart apache2' so not a standalone app.
> >
> > Goodness knows what <aptitude install docuwiki> will want to
> > download. :-(
>
> ** end quote [john lewis]
>
> Yes, I'm beginning to remember that tiddlywiki could run when
> opened from a file: location in the browser, or something like
> that.

TiddlyWiki is really good - your entire wiki is in a single file so
it's easy to take with you on a usb stick etc. Upload to your web
site / google and you get a read-only version available from anywhere
on line. I keep a link to mine[1] on my iceweasel (firefox) bookmark
toolbar so it's always just a click away. Nothing to install other
than a javascript css browser.

HTH, Peter

[1] www.salisburys.net/PetersNotes-TW.html