Re: [Hampshire] Downloading radio progs from BBC IPlayer?

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Downloading radio progs from BBC IPlayer?
On 12/01/2008, Jonathan Hudson <jh+hlug@???> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:36:35 +0000
> "Victor Churchill" <victorchurchill@???> wrote:
>
> The RA streams remain as before; -playlist foo.ram should work, or try
> http://dave.org.uk/streams/, scroll to the bottom and and grab the YAML
> (raw data) file. There you will find all the rtsp: links. Remove all
> the crap after .ra and it works just fine. Add -bandwidth 999999999 to
> download at wire speed.

Thanks JH! That worked just fine, as you say. What I was lacking was
the .ram file giving the rtsp: link, so Dave Cross' YAML listing fills
the gap. Which implies that the rtsp's are present on bbc.co.uk
/somewhere/... Though why the Beeb makes it that difficult to find is
a mystery.

> -jonathan
>
> (listening to this am's CD Review of Die Walküre, downloaded as
> described above).

Funnily enough that's exactly what I was after too. )I don't usually
do 0930 on Saturdays...) And I guess one could use Audacity to chop
off unwanted top&tail if a permanent archive copy was wanted rather
than a one-off listening.

cheers

victor