Re: [Hampshire] Pandora.com is shutting up shop in the UK

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Pandora.com is shutting up shop in the UK
On Monday 14 Jan 2008, Tim wrote:
> On Monday 14 January 2008 17:11:41 Peter Salisbury wrote:
> > On Sunday 13 Jan 2008, Alex wrote:
> > > Deezer.com does work, but it's flash heavy and can be quite
> > > buggy. Its library is quite extensive, however.
> > >
> > > One day they'l get the idea.
> >
> > OK, after a couple of days of bugs and signing in too often at
> > deezer I searched for 'pandora substitute' and found
> > soundpedia.com seems good so far!
> >
> > Peter
>
> Could you expand a little on the problems you have had Peter, I
> have signed up without a problem and had it running on my mepis box
> without a problem.
>
> Tim

Hi Tim,

I just found the interface rather un-intuitive. I'd quite often get a
list of tracks and the play button would be dimmed and not working.
Whenever I closed firefox I had to re sign in and, because it's a
flash dialog, there's no chance for firefox to fill in your details.
The smartradio feature didn't work at all for me. Minor irritations
and hassle rather than anything big. If soundpedia weren't around I'd
still be using deezer I guess.

ATB, Peter