Re: [Hampshire] Pandora.com is shutting up shop in the UK

Author: Tim
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Pandora.com is shutting up shop in the UK
On Tuesday 15 January 2008 12:52:40 Peter Salisbury wrote:
> On Monday 14 Jan 2008, Tim wrote:

> > > OK, after a couple of days of bugs and signing in too often at
> > > deezer I searched for 'pandora substitute' and found
> > > soundpedia.com seems good so far!
> > >
> > > Peter
> >
> > Could you expand a little on the problems you have had Peter, I
> > have signed up without a problem and had it running on my mepis box
> > without a problem.
> >
> > Tim
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> I just found the interface rather un-intuitive. I'd quite often get a
> list of tracks and the play button would be dimmed and not working.
> Whenever I closed firefox I had to re sign in and, because it's a
> flash dialog, there's no chance for firefox to fill in your details.
> The smartradio feature didn't work at all for me. Minor irritations
> and hassle rather than anything big. If soundpedia weren't around I'd
> still be using deezer I guess.
>
> ATB, Peter

agree the interface is a bit quirky, I have yet to try and setup my playlist
of favourite group.

Don't have any problem closing Firefox and then going back in again, when I do
I am logged in automaticly, although I hate all the flash, have used adblock
to block a load of the ads.

Have yet to try soundpedia, guess I will do that Friday when I am working from
home.

Tim

GET FREE SMILEYS FOR YOUR IM & EMAIL - Learn more at http://www.inbox.com/smileys
Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google TalkT and most webmails