Re: [Hampshire] Macbook Air (ok, it's not factory linux but …

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Macbook Air (ok, it's not factory linux but you can install it)
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 at 08:37:10PM +0000, Stuart Matheson wrote:
> I've been torturing myself looking over all different kinds of
> laptops lately and just came across this on slashdot.
>
> http://www.macworld.com/article/131583/2008/01/macbookair.html
>
> The US apple store has them listed for pre order at $1,799 (£919).

It's very interesting, and it's been slated on Slashdot already.
No CD/DVD is fine, but no FireWire or Gig Ethernet and only one
USB is a royal pain. Wireless only is trendy but slow and not
always practical. Not that I'd refuse it if someone was giving
them away...!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
    -- Albert Einstein