Re: [Hampshire] Macbook Air (ok, it's not factory linux but …

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Chris Aitken
CC: Hants LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Macbook Air (ok, it's not factory linux but you can install it)
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 at 04:07:49PM +0000, Chris Aitken wrote:
> > A web browser engine "web-kit" based on KDE's khtml.
>
> Safari also uses/used the KHTML rendering engine.

Which was my point. I've again failed to express myself correctly.

Konqueror uses khtml. Safari uses webkit/webcore. Webkit is a fork of
khtml. Konqueror may switch from khtml to webkit, or possibly
KDE may merge web-kit's significant changes into khtml.

I'm not sure of the current status is, but it looks like Qt will
migrate to webkit and Konqueror will follow, but for the moment (KDE4)
Konqueror will be khtml based.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/07/23/the-unforking-of-kdes-khtml-and-webkit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KHTML

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

When a Microsoft product is the lesser of two evils, you know for
sure that there's something fishy going on.
    -- anon