Re: [Hampshire] Macbook Air (ok, it's not factory linux but …

Author: Stuart Matheson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Macbook Air (ok, it's not factory linux but you can install it)

>> I didn't realise that "surviving being sat on" was part of the design
>> spec for laptops nowadays :)
>
> I think that there's a reasonable enough chance of that happening
> for it
> to be included. The places I've seen an average home user leave a
> laptop
> they've got to survive sittings/standings/kickings/droppings.

Come to think of it a friend of mine had to try to rescue the
contents of a laptop hard disk. Turns out the people had gone on
holidays and, worried about losing the computer during a break-in,
decided to "hide" it. In the empty, top loading washing machine. I
think you can guess what happened next...

>> Although my dad managed to break a
>> couple of PDAs doing that.
>
> You're not my brother are you? ;)

Perhaps not genetically, unless you've got some Scottish history. My
dad is always thinking of a million things at once, just so happens
that list doesn't often include practical things like not breaking
electronic devices. I'll try to get along to the next HantsLUG
meeting so we can see if there's any resemblance.

Stu