Re: [Hampshire] current kernel on Sarge - thank you very muc…

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] current kernel on Sarge - thank you very much
On Monday 21 January 2008 12:40, hantslug@??? wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what kernel Sarge, last updated about 3 days ago, would
> be running?
>
> I have foolishly mucked up a new installation on hdb in my husband's box -
> and messed up Grub, so that I can't access the perfectly good sarge
> installation on hda as a protem solution to his box being usable. And
> because I can't access it, I can't just run uname -a. :-(

Didn't solve the problem that I was trying to solve - but the grub advice
worked great! Unfortunately it hung on the fact that the boot and root
partitions are separate.

But perhaps I ought to start another thread asking about the problem that I am
actually trying to solve. :-(

Anyhow, thanks very much, both of you.

Lisi