Re: [Hampshire] merging html files into one single file

Author: Victor Churchill
To: ed, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] merging html files into one single file
On 25/01/2008, ed <edward.beckmann@???> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I run a wiki app (not negotiable!) and want an option to print all, or
> better still, send to file for final editing and presentation.
>
> It will export to html, which results in a zip file full of html docs.
> Extracting this to a convenient folder results in simple viewing and
> following in my web browser (no surprises there), but I want to go the
> next stage and combine all pages. I can insert file loads of times in
> open office, but this needs to be done regularly with over 100 pages
> each time.
>
> Can anyone help? I'd like either a long open office, html or pdf file
> at the end of it.

Just what you can do will depend on the particular wiki app and how it
stores its data - which could be in a simple database, or a funny file
hierarchy, or all in one big file - every wiki seems to be different!

I am , coincidentally, wanting to do just hte same with some data I
have in a stickwiki - where it's all in one html file in a load of
div's, mixed up with loads of javascript. Stickwiki also provides a
'export' into a set of linked HTML files. For that case I think a bit
of bespoke perl running over the original single monolithic file
might be easier than merging a load of exported separate files.

I see Hugo has replied something similar while I've been here.