Re: [Hampshire] Asterisk card recomendations

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Asterisk card recomendations
** Alan Bell <alan@???> [2008-01-25 09:52]:
> ** end quote [Alan Bell]
> >Interestingly the place Nick recommended [1] offers the Atcom versions
> >of these boxes. They are selling them for £290 +VAT with 4xFXO modules
> >They don't seem to have any flexibility with FXS modules. I need to read
> >up on what features of Asterisk would be lost by using a standard
> >handset via an FXS module, I'm a bit rusty on my reading as it is a
> >while back when I first planned to set up a box, but other things have
> >pushed the project onto the back burner.
> >
> >[1] http://www.ipchitchat.com/
> >
> so they do!
> Well that saves me the bother of trying to import them then.
> personally I would go for the FXO modules then get something like this
> http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/product.asp?recorprod=1&product=852&cat=109&ph=&keywords=&recor=1&SearchFor=&PT_ID=1
> as an IP phone connected to it.

** end quote [Alan Bell]

I've also found that the site x100p.eu do them as well, although I'm not
sure who they are. The company, who are HCE (Europe) Ltd, claim to have
been created to get the Hyundai brand launched in the UK and Ireland.

There is a dilemma with the FXS modules. I have some DECT units that I
am currently using on the two lines, and you can get adapters that would
allow them to connect in via SIP instead of and FXS. If you get a pair
of FXS bundled with the card it seems to work out cheaper though. Either
is cheaper than a completely new DECT handset. The answerphone feature
on any of them would be of no use, so I suspect the S450IP would make
more sense than the C457IP.

The budget option is likely a couple of budget AX100P along with a
couple of SIP adapters. There's not much saving over an AX400P with twin
FXO and twin FXS though, which would be tidier. And I've just though
that I have a wired handset with headset as well as the DECT, which may
be nicer on it's own extension.

Too many options, brain overload!

Of course, as ever, another project has come up that may put this on the
back burner - again :(

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: