Re: [Hampshire] Asterisk card recomendations

Author: Alan Bell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Asterisk card recomendations
** end quote [Alan Bell]
> Interestingly the place Nick recommended [1] offers the Atcom versions
> of these boxes. They are selling them for £290 +VAT with 4xFXO modules
> They don't seem to have any flexibility with FXS modules. I need to read
> up on what features of Asterisk would be lost by using a standard
> handset via an FXS module, I'm a bit rusty on my reading as it is a
> while back when I first planned to set up a box, but other things have
> pushed the project onto the back burner.
>
> [1] http://www.ipchitchat.com/

so they do!
Well that saves me the bother of trying to import them then.
personally I would go for the FXO modules then get something like this
http://www.home-phones.co.uk/asp/product.asp?recorprod=1&product=852&cat=109&ph=&keywords=&recor=1&SearchFor=&PT_ID=1
as an IP phone connected to it.

--
Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre

Web: www.theopenlearningcentre.com
Mob: +44 (0)7736 778908
Tel: +44 (0)8444 849388

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55