Re: [Hampshire] Asterisk card recomendations

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Asterisk card recomendations
Paul Tansom <paul@???> wrote:
> Interestingly the place Nick recommended [1]
> offers the Atcom versions of these boxes. They
> are selling them for ??290 +VAT with 4xFXO
> modules They don't seem to have any flexibility
> with FXS modules.

It's worth contacting them to ask. They've been
very accommodating when I've ordered from them.

> I need to read up on what features of Asterisk
> would be lost by using a standard handset via an
> FXS module

I've not used a separate ATA, but I think - as far
as Asterisk is concerned - they just look like any
other SIP or IAX device. Where you may find
differences is in the user interface between
analogue phone and ATA.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.