Re: [Hampshire] Testing Hardware that got wet!

Author: John Hunt
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Testing Hardware that got wet!
> I'm not overly keen on plugging it in and seeing what happens to do
> this testing, so any ideas greatly appreciated.

I'm no expert, but what I'd do (and it may well not be the best thing)
is make sure everything is unplugged etc, make sure your CRT doesn't
have any charge left in it (no idea how to do that - google?) open
everything up and give it a good look over.

I'd then let everything dry out for 24 hours, perhaps longer depending
on how bad the situation looked. It is only water right? I find most
electronics just work again if you let them dry out properly (like
mobile phones for example).

Stuff may have been damaged by the shorting, but I can't see how turning
it on would make it any worse...but then I'm no expert remember! That's
just what *I* would do.

Hope that helped a bit?

--
John Hunt - johnrhunt@???