[Hampshire] Testing Hardware that got wet!

Author: Steve Kirk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Testing Hardware that got wet!
Hi all,

Unfortunately last week water leaked from the upstairs flat through the
ceiling, and as sod's law would have it, right over my desk + shelving!
It shorted out power to my computer equipment, and took everything down
so apologies to the list managers for any bouncing email etc!

Anyway I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on testing out equipment
without causing potential damage. I believe I've got away with little
or no damage to the machines themselves, thanks in part to Sun's hugely
well engineered workstations. However I do need to test it, and I'm not
sure how to go about this and also I have a CRT monitor I need to test.
I'm not overly keen on plugging it in and seeing what happens to do
this testing, so any ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve