Re: [Hampshire] Asterisk card recomendations

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Asterisk card recomendations
** Alan Bell <alan@???> [2008-01-24 06:32]:
> Paul Tansom wrote:
> >I'm looking to finally put together an Asterisk box and was wondering
> >whether anyone had any recommendations on reliable, but sensibly priced
> >cards to use, and suppliers. I'm expecting to need 2 FXO and 2 FXS ports
> >to start off with, not sure whether I'll need to up on that for my own
> >setup as I'll probably look around for IP handsets rather than analogue
> >ones if/when I add units.
>
> take a look at these little units
>
> http://www.rowetel.com/ucasterisk/ip04.html

** end quote [Alan Bell]

They look interesting, and a bit like fun :) Now I have the delema of
what route to take. My initial plan was to build a PC to do the job to
get experience of doing it all. One of those little boxes would do the
trick nicely for my own purposes though, and quite well priced compared
to the cards. I'll have to follow some links to see about a UK supplier,
I'm never too confident purchasing from abroad with issues of import tax
and warranty.

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: