Re: [Hampshire] Asterisk card recomendations

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Asterisk card recomendations
Paul Tansom <paul@???> wrote:
> I'm looking to finally put together an Asterisk
> box and was wondering whether anyone had any
> recommendations on reliable, but sensibly priced
> cards to use, and suppliers.

I've used a Digium TDM400P (4 port analogue), a
Sangoma A200 (4 port analogue), and a Sangoma A101
(single port E1).

Of those, the A101 has seen the heaviest use,
followed by the A200. I haven't put the TDM400P
under any significant load.

> I'm expecting to need 2 FXO and 2 FXS ports to
> start off with,

Both the TDM400P and A200 will support that. The
Digium card is a little more flexible, as you can
choose any combination of FXO and FXS; the Sangoma
analogue interfaces come in pairs.

The A101 is an ISDN30e card, so not what you're
looking for.

Both Sangoma cards have been very reliable. The
only downside is the software build process - it's
driven by a custom script that's not as easy to
use as autoconf.

> not sure whether I'll need to up on that for my
> own setup as I'll probably look around for IP
> handsets rather than analogue ones if/when I add
> units.

For VoIP handsets, I can recommend the Atcom
At-530. They're cheap but work reliably, and
support both SIP and IAX.

As to suppliers, I've found these people to be
very helpful:
http://www.ipchitchat.com/

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.