[Hampshire] xubuntu rc3.d

Author: Isaac Close
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] xubuntu rc3.d
Good morning,

What is debian ? -- only joking, but i'm new to it, in this case xubuntu as I understand is based on debian and i'm trying to use it.

I'm attempting to get a service to start on boot, the file (thrown in place by the installer) is located in /etc/rc3.d and is named S99obs.

The usual rig of start|stop is required.

Problem is, it doesn't work on boot, if i run the script from a console, then yes it will work, but persistance is needed for both startup and shutdown.

Any clues,

many thanks

Isaac Close