Re: [Hampshire] xubuntu rc3.d

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] xubuntu rc3.d
On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 11:02:58AM +0000, Isaac Close wrote:
> Good morning,

Indeed it is.

> What is debian ? -- only joking, but i'm new to it, in this case xubuntu as I understand is based on debian and i'm trying to use it.

Xubuntu is indeed an XFCE baseed derivative of Ubuntu which in turn is based
on Debian.

> I'm attempting to get a service to start on boot, the file (thrown in place by the installer) is located in /etc/rc3.d and is named S99obs.

I don't think Debian etc use runlevel 3 usually. On my machine I am running
the GUI and it is at runlevel 2.

alan@tp:~$ runlevel
N 2

Maybe move the script from /etc/rc3.d to /etc/rc2.d ?

Cheers,
Al.