Re: [Hampshire] qemu and paravirtual devices

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] qemu and paravirtual devices

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x575e0100.hantslug.org.uk.3383': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Feb 12 16:29:24 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 02:35:56PM +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:51:43 +0000, "Hugo Mills" <hugo@???>
> > said:
> > >    I've recently been playing with qemu's support for paravirtual
> > > devices. Damian had expressed an interest (as we use qemu+kqemu VMs
> > > heavily at work), but I thought this might be of interest to others as
> > > well.

> Have you posted/ can you post this to the qemu forum or qemu-devel? I
> haven't seen this on either of them.
>
> I'd like to expand this as I am an avid qemu user but I think it'd
> better to reply from there.

I'm not sure it's suitable for qemu-devel (being user
documentation), and I find forums really difficult to use efficiently
-- to the extent that if I post something on the forum, I probably
won't ever go back and read the replies or engage in any conversation.

I've stuck up a copy of the article on my website[1] -- feel free
to post links to it on the qemu forum. Any comments on the article can
either be sent direct to me, or discussed here -- I don't think it's
inappropriate to do it here.

Hugo.

[1] http://www.carfax.org.uk/docs/qemu-virtio/

--- Great oxymorons of the world, no. 3: Military Intelligence ---