Re: [Hampshire] gmail and mime- digests

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] gmail and mime- digests

On Thu, February 14, 2008 08:40, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had asked this the Surrey mailing list, but I got no answer, sorry for
> the duplicate.
>
> How come if I receive my mailing lists digest in fastmail.fm, the latter
> can properly understand the format and detach single messages in the
> inbox folder and if I do the same in gmail, it can't?

Not all mail clients support all features, and some features
are more supported than others.

> Is it a limitation of the client (webmail application) or the receiving
> server?

Probably. A search for "mime digest gmail" seems to imply that
GMail (Web client) doesn't support mime digests.

> Where would I start from?

Raise the issue with Google as a suggestion for future support?

--
Be seeing you,            http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                      xmpp:sam@???