Re: [Hampshire] old RAM needed

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] old RAM needed
** Dean Earley <dean@???> [2008-02-11 23:16]:
> ed wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >I just want to extend the life of my PC for a little while and am
> >looking for some RAM. Motherboard is a K7SOM+ which apparently has a
> >max of 1Gb, and it currently has 2 x 256 DDR fitted.
> >
> >Does anyone for whom 512 units are small fry have any they could sell me?
>
> I thought you said old... :)

** end quote [Dean Earley]

Indeed, I was expecting reference to 72pin SIMMs or 133pin DIMMs when I
read the subject, maybe even 30pin SIMMs! I have some of each, but not
entirely sure as I'm getting rid of them yet. The SIMMs may yet be
useful in one of my Amigas (thankfully I don't think any of the cards I
have need the custom GVP SIMMs).

As an aside to that... no, to be fair I'll start another thread so
people don't miss it having decided this one isn't of interest...

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: