Re: [Hampshire] WANTED : Amstrad PC1512/1640 or PC 2086 & IB…

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WANTED : Amstrad PC1512/1640 or PC 2086 & IBM Quietwriter Printe
** James Courtier-Dutton <james.dutton@???> [2008-02-14 10:05]:
> On 13/02/2008, Isaac Close <isaacclose@???> wrote:
> > Yes its true, i'm after a PC1512 or 1640 or PC 2086
> > (8MHz). Also an IBM Quietwriter printer. Surely
> > someone has one of these hanging around somewhere ?
> >
> > WILL PAY CASH AND CAN COLLECT IF NEEDED.
> >
> > There is a stupid motive for wanting said articles.
> >
> > thank you for your time,
> >
> > Isaac Close.
> >
> I am curious as to why you want it.
> I am sure there must be PC1512 emulators for linux by now.

** end quote [James Courtier-Dutton]

Not sure about emulators for that, those were the early Amstrad PC
compatible machines, so early x86 kit. I suspect you're thinking of the
PCW CP/M based ones - I do have two of those, a PCW8256 and a PCW9512,
although neither are being jettisoned at this point :)

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: