Re: [Hampshire] WANTED : Amstrad PC1512/1640 or PC 2086 & IB…

Author: Isaac Close
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WANTED : Amstrad PC1512/1640 or PC 2086 & IBM Quietwriter Printe

--- James Courtier-Dutton <james.dutton@???>
wrote:

> On 13/02/2008, Isaac Close <isaacclose@???>
> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Yes its true, i'm after a PC1512 or 1640 or PC
> 2086
> > (8MHz). Also an IBM Quietwriter printer. Surely
> > someone has one of these hanging around somewhere
> ?
> >
> > WILL PAY CASH AND CAN COLLECT IF NEEDED.
> >
> > There is a stupid motive for wanting said
> articles.
> >
> > thank you for your time,
> >
> > Isaac Close.
> >
> I am curious as to why you want it.
> I am sure there must be PC1512 emulators for linux
> by now.
>
> James

The reason is an associate of mine wants to race it
against a 4GHz Vista PC on camera !

Both machines will power on at the same time and will
need to post, boot, load a wordprocessor and print a
letter. Were confident the Amstrad 8MHz will win.

think we may have found a 1512 but still search for a
printer.

Isaac Close