Re: [Hampshire] Use of Wine for printer drivers?

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Use of Wine for printer drivers?
On 17/02/2008, James Courtier-Dutton <james.dutton@???> wrote:
> On 17/02/2008, alan c <aeclist@???> wrote:
> > Can wine be used to install a problem printer with its windows drivers
> > or windows install CD and whatever?
>
> cups can use some windows .dlls as printer drivers.

Oh, that's interesting. I made the dumb mistake last year of getting a
Brother MFC (cant remember the model no.) and although Brother do
provide Linux drivers on their site they are only for i386 Linuxes. So
I could not get Cups set up with this printer as I am running an
x86-64 box. Will have to do some searching around for "wine cups" -
may have to do a bit of filtering the result B-)