Re: [Hampshire] Which Distro ?

Author: Vic
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Which Distro ?
> Fair enough, once bitten and all that

Yes, but it's not "once bitten". This isn't the first time I've been
completely frustrated by Suse...

> I guarantee a trawl of
> the forums will reveal at least the odd instance where an install has
> gone badly and an unhappy customer.

That's certainly true - but when an installer dies, I expect a bit more
detail than "an error has occurred"[1], followed by a total bomb.

> The difference is many probably
> won't have had the foresight to back up as you did.

I've installed Suse before, you see. But I have zero machines still
running it.

Vic.

[1] I don't remember the exact wording, but it was something like that.
There were no rescue options of any sort - I had to rebuild with a LiveCD.
Fedora to the rescue!