Re: [Hampshire] Application installers

Author: Mat Grove
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Application installers
Vic wrote:

>> Anyway, I am not sure why I am defending InstallShield. I was simply
>> answering a question about other installers and since I have not used
>> the ones mentioned I thought I would point out that InstallShield was
>> another option.
>
> Yes, but you're also making assertions about the way things need to be
> done when in fact that need is only the result of your own (broken) rules.
> As this is an archived and searchable resource, I wouldn't want that going
> unchallenged, as someone reading this might think it's a good idea to do
> it that way.

The way I read it they aren't his rules they are stuff the copmany he
works for does.

Maybe we can keep this about the technical stuff and not start with the
'you said this', 'you did this'. It is clear that there is more than one
way to skin this fish and we all know the purest technical ideals are
sometimes at odds with things like money and time.

Mat