Re: [Hampshire] OpenLayers

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OpenLayers
* Jonathan Hudson (jh+hlug@???) wrote:

> I have used it some time ago; I recall it worked as advertised. When I
> got the selection bounding box, it was in lat/long degrees (as the
> underlying map data was WGS84, geographic projection). What is your
> map data (projection, datum etc)? If you have a local copy, can you run
> gdalinfo on it?
>
> -jonathan

I have just started to use it. I wanted to create a map and then
have my own overlays. I am using the openstreetmap.org as the base
layer. I copied the information from openstreetmap.org on setting up
my own slippy map, but it gets the lat and long in the wrong units
on my map.

I have looked at the source for my map, and for the examples on
openlayers website, and I can't see what I have done differently.

I will keep going back to it. One day I hope the error will become
apparent.

--
        _
    ,--(_)