Re: [Hampshire] Virgin Cable Speed upgrade

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Virgin Cable Speed upgrade
Andy Random wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I spotted this advertised all over todays copy of the "Metro":
>
>     http://www.virginmedia.com/evenfaster

> Virgin are upgrading their 4Mb service to 10Mb "sometime soon".
>
> That will be a 20 fold increase in speed since I took out the service 5
> or 6 years ago.

My overall capacity has gone down since I joined even though I have had
two "free" speed upgrades. Luckily the boss supplies a DSL line
so I can stay connected when they have thier monthly/weekend "outages".

> I wonder where we will be in another 5 years...

Evidently the future is now - if you believe the lying gits.

I got a very nice letter from NThell telling me that I can have
BB, phone and telly over *my* fibre connection.

The fact that they only supply really crappy copper via street cabs
often without covers (kids use them as skateboard ramps) is ignored.

Jacqui