Re: [Hampshire] Virgin Cable Speed upgrade

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Virgin Cable Speed upgrade
On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 05:51:53AM +0000, Tim wrote:
> As far as I am aware Virgin (NTL\Telewest as was) are already trialling a 20mb
> connection with plans to start a 50mb trial soon.

They're not trialling 20Mb, they already have it as an available option. I
have been on it for quite a few months now. I heard that 50Mb would trial
soon but would most likely require a hardware upgrade at the cable modem to
support that speed due to it being DOCSIS3 or something.

I love the 20Mb service. I know people slate NTL/VM for their customer
service, but for me the service works, and when it doesn't, it comes back
soon enough. YMMV.

Cheers,
Al.