Re: [Hampshire] Re:Application installers

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re:Application installers
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:53:57 -0000 (GMT)
"Vic" <lug@???> wrote:

> > Why should Debian assist you in violating their core beliefs?
>
> Because if they don't, code will be released that will not be
> available on the Debian platform.
>
> It's all very well digging your heels in and refusing to play with
> others until they follow your rules - but if you do, they'll go
> play somewhere else.

so what!

I run Debian __because__ it has ethics and rules and is pretty serious
about developers/maintainers sticking to those rules. Debian has been
successfully using these rules for quite a few years and it is not
their fault if you find it difficult to work with those rules.

If you want to provide packages serious Debian users will be
happy with then work with the rules and stop trying to find ways to
get round them.

I am not a hardcore Debian user who will only install purely free
software, I use Opera and Acroread for example, but normally I only
install packages from trusted Debian repositories,

Installing vfxforthalpha was done to 'add to the numbers' of
downloaders but given your attitude to the way Debian works it
will be removed and I'll not be installing the beta or any other
vfxforth package. I know you won't miss me and don't care.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server