Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Backup solutions for Ubuntu

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Backup solutions for Ubuntu
* alan c (aeclist@???) wrote:
> john lewis wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >I use the command line history function so as to be able
> >to repeat the command each time I need it.
>
> yes this function is something windows users will not expect. It took
> me a long time to appreciate even that it existed. Even for a beginner
> it more than compensates for the initial strangeness of using command line

I remember going to one of my first BaB HantsLUG meetings, and I
watched someone using the command prompt, and I could not understand
how he was getting the command to appear with so few key presses.

Tab completion and command history are great. I just wish I could
get command history to work in cygwin then I can be happy at work as
well :-)

--
        _
    ,--(_)