Re: [Hampshire] Best current option for 802.11g PCI card?

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Best current option for 802.11g PCI card?
John Hunt <johnrhunt@???> wrote:
> Yup, I'm using an Edimax card right now, didn't
> need to do anything to get it working on a clean
> Ubuntu 7.10 install, just clicked on network
> manager icon and chose my wireless network.
>
> The kernel uses the rt2500 module for this card.
> I can't remember the exact name of the card,
> it's just the cheapest thing I could find on
> ebay! I *think* it's the EW-7128g.

Thanks, John.

> This link should help you too:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported

Yes, I've been looking through that.
Unfortunately, many cards have more than one
chipset, and often one of them isn't supported -
it appears that affects the EW-7128g too.

If we had more time, it wouldn't be a problem - we
could just experiment. As it is, we've just had an
order dropped in our laps for a minimum of five
Ubuntu machines with 11g wireless... to be ready
for Friday.

It's an offer we can't refuse. :-)

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.