[Hampshire] Rack mount accessories

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Rack mount accessories
Having just been given a rather large rack (*) I'm after some bits and
pieces to get it set up to be useful for my purposes. I've done a bit of
looking around on eBay and Google I've come up with a few options, and
I'll likely check out Jamies, but wondered if anyone new any good places
for a few items at sensible prices:

Rack mount shelves
Right angle riser cards - both PCI and AGP

The second one is causing me a few headaches. I need 4 or 5 PCI and 5
AGP I should think, the AGP being longer than the PCI. I've seen some
combined ones, but the slots on the backs of the cases are offset and
combined risers seem to line them up. I've also noted differing views on
what constitued a left and right riser, which doesn't help at all!

(*) It's a 48U Transtec cluster, so rather large. I'm considering simply
using wood and screws to shelve the large amount of space that doesn't
contain servers. There were 'only' 5 2U servers installed, so that
leaves 43U of space - not to mention a big problem fitting it in my
office! If anyone is quick, has transport and a smaller rack to swap I
may be interested :) Unfortunately the cases I have need the full depth
of the rack, which is a 600x900 unit (huge!!). This is the reason I'm
working on a serious clear out of old unwanted kit - it's long overdue
as well of course :)

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: