Re: [Hampshire] Best current option for 802.11g PCI card?

Author: Martin
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Best current option for 802.11g PCI card?
Hi,

> Can anyone suggest a model that is guaranteed to
> work with Ubuntu? We don't have time for trial and
> error, and I'd prefer to avoid ndiswrapper.

I have built several desktops using the following card.

* Edimax EW-7128G 54Mbps Wireless PCI Card

Personally tested and works "out of the box" with Ubuntu 7.10 and 7.04,
the alternate install CD can even see it, configure it and use it at
install time.

I get mine from Scan.

* http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=152539

See the Linux Emporium wireless page for full Linux OS support details.

* http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/wireless/

Regards, Martin.