[Hampshire] [OT] Record Deck Sought

Author: john lewis
To: HantsLUG
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Record Deck Sought
On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 20:18:09 +0000
Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:

> I am looking for a record deck and may well have been up for a new
> budget effort were it not for the pesky kids, their need for a
> printer and my wife's refusal to sign off the approval on the basis
> that the kids moan louder than I do!

I have a B&O Beogram 3000 that has been sat on top of the wardrobe
for more years than I care to remember. It is _not_ the later model
3000 with a tangential tracking arm.

I cannot see me ever using it again even though I have a collection
of LPs lurking in a storage cupboard along with a B&O tuner/amp and
(non-B&O) speakers. We simply don't have anywhere to set this lot
up.

The turntable needs the rubber drive band replacing but apart from
that should work OK. If it is good enough quality for what you want
it is yours.

I cannot see any UK supplier of belts via Google but so far as I know
Dawsons in Westbourne or Movement Audio in Moordown could get
you one.

Pity I can't play the LPs as the collection includes my favourite
guitar music from the likes of John Williams, Julian Bream et al and
a fair amount of choral music including plainchant and early/baroque
settings of the Mass.

It would cost a fortune to replace theses with CDs even if I wanted
to support the evil industry by buying them.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server