Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Record Deck Sought

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Record Deck Sought
James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> That is not totally true. They do not mention the actual words "fair
> use", but they do explain what constitutes an illegal copy, and
> copying it for purposes that do not include distribution to 3rd
> parties is acceptable under UK copyright law.

Oh okay James, that's (good) news to me, not least because it represents
common sense!

I can't recall exactly where I heard/read that a strict interpretation
of copyright law in fact prevents copying, but I think it was a 'good'
source - i.e. a decent news article as opposed to over a pint in a pub!

Anyway, since it is virtually impossible to enforce it's largely a moot
point, but interesting nonetheless.

Sean