Re: [Hampshire] "Can't live without..."

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] "Can't live without..."
john lewis wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:55:21 +1100
> John Hunt <johnrhunt@???> wrote:
>

>>The GIMP:
>>Unlike most people, I really like the way I can right click for a
>>menu to do anything! What an utterly fantastic program.
>

> Some of us who haven't been brainwashed by that other application
> (paint summat or other) do find The Gimp brilliant.

Ditto - I recently discussed how to "fuzzy cut" some doggy pictures
for Bday cards and a local Photoshop expert explained the many steps
involved. I showed him the *built in* crop tool and he was quiet for
a good few minutes.

Red eye reduction is another area in which GIMP provides many solutions
and PS sticks to the "one-true-way". PS works well with peoples eyes but
is poor when applied to german shepherds - they have marmalade coloured
eyes with no visible white. A minor variation of one of the GIMP
techniques is amazing with GSD eyes.

I don't think I converted him but he was impressed!

Jacqui