Re: [Hampshire] "Can't live without..."

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] "Can't live without..."
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:55:21 +1100
John Hunt <johnrhunt@???> wrote:

> The GIMP:
> Unlike most people, I really like the way I can right click for a
> menu to do anything! What an utterly fantastic program.

Some of us who haven't been brainwashed by that other application
(paint summat or other) do find The Gimp brilliant.

Right clicking for a menu is great since that is the way
windowmaker works so it is second nature for me.

As for it looking different I have long been opposed to the idea that
every application should have the same interface and think it better
to design the interface to suit the task eg a hammer is different to
a screwdriver is different to a saw.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server