Re: [Hampshire] Downloading MP4s from the BBC iPlayer

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: hantslug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Downloading MP4s from the BBC iPlayer

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57ac3100.hantslug.org.uk.15609': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Mar 11 22:41:07 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Tuesday 11 Mar 2008, David Rozzell wrote:
> Hi Adam
>
> Just wanted to add my thanks for posting this to the list, we've just
> downloaded & watched the outtakes of 2 pints of lager & a packet of crisps
> in very reasonable quality, lets hope they don't find a way of blocking
> this method.

I was pleased with the discovery myself, having only discussed the problem at
the Hants/Surrey meeting on Saturday.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

"Norton Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files.  This
 provides more security than wiping with decimal values."
    -- from the manual of Norton Systemworks 2002, pg 160