Re: [Hampshire] less with syntax highlighting?

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] less with syntax highlighting?
John Cooper wrote:
> Damian Brasher wrote:
>> Has anyone ever been able to use less with syntax highlighting? less is
>> good utility but would be even better if the syntax highlighting was the
>> same or similar to vim...
>>
> Try Vim's less.sh e.g. :-
>
> /usr/share/vim/vim71/macros/less.sh edit.php

Does the trick:) Adrian's suggestion to use view looks good without a need
to put less.sh in an Environment variable, .bashrc alias or symlink but
will need to switch on highlighting on with my machine. I'd prefer to
still just type 'less'. This works in .bashrc nicely:

alias less='/usr/share/vim/vim70/macros/less.sh'

Thanks

--
Damian Brasher

www.diap.org.uk - Hyper-virtual auto-changer (Aiming...