Re: [Hampshire] Downloading MP4s from the BBC iPlayer

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Downloading MP4s from the BBC iPlayer
Vic wrote:

> I was dead excited earlier on. But having just gone through the iPlayer
> website, there were only three programmes I wanted :-(
>
> Still - one in the eye for the DRM-lovers :-)

It worries me that this sort of work-around strengthens the argument of
those in favour of limiting access through DRM along the lines of
"There, I told you so! Those Linux users are stealing our free
content!". In their eyes it could be an argument justifying greater
expenditure for stronger protection, or even withdrawing 'free' access
to said content altogether.

Sean