Re: [Hampshire] Downloading MP4s from the BBC iPlayer

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Downloading MP4s from the BBC iPlayer
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 at 07:15:43AM +0000, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Vic wrote:
> >
> > I was dead excited earlier on. But having just gone through the iPlayer
> > website, there were only three programmes I wanted :-(
> >
> > Still - one in the eye for the DRM-lovers :-)
> >

> It worries me that this sort of work-around strengthens the argument of
> those in favour of limiting access through DRM along the lines of
> "There, I told you so! Those Linux users are stealing our free
> content!". In their eyes it could be an argument justifying greater
> expenditure for stronger protection, or even withdrawing 'free' access
> to said content altogether.

It's all over The Register this morning, so now everyone knows...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/12/iplayer_linux_stream_download_hack/

The usual fanboy comments are all over the place. The Mac is a
nice piece of kit, why are some of it's users such arogant arse
holes?

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The Internet? We are not interested in it.
    --    Bill Gates, 1993