Re: [Hampshire] Bridging networks on Ubuntu 7.10

Author: Chris Dennis
To: johnrhunt, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Bridging networks on Ubuntu 7.10
Hello John

John Hunt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been having severe trouble trying to get a network bridge working
> in order to use servers on VirtualBox (and in the past qemu etc.)

The bit that I missed when I tried it with VirtualBox was to realise
that once the bridge has been created, it's the bridge that needs to be
assigned an IP address, either manually or via DHCP. Probably the same
IP address that eth1 had before the bridge was created.

> I've followed several guides on the subject with no connectivity at all
> in my virtual machines.

I think this was the guide I used:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Advanced_Networking_Linux

That's probably all obvious to you, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

cheers

Chris
--
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis@???