Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Buying RAM

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Buying RAM
Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all
>
> OK - I admit it, I'm rubbish at keeping up to speed with the pace of
> techie change and as such I humbly ask for advice on buying RAM. I
> want to upgrade a box from 768Mb to 2Gb. According to the manual, it
> only takes 184 pin DDR 266/333/400MHz and Novatech have a 1Gb stick
> for 30 odd UKP[1].
>
> However Novatech talk about the voltage 2.5volts in this case. I've
> searched the manual and I can't find what voltage my board uses, nor
> do Novatech seem to do anything other than 2.5volts sticks so
> presumably this isn't an issue...Or is it? Can anyone help me out?
>
> Cheers
> Rob
>
> [1] http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?RAM-40/1G

Try the Crucial or the Kingston calculators on the respective sitesfor
memory guaranteed to suit your board. You will most likely be able to
pinpoint your mobo and get a range of suggestions for it.

Alternatively this Kingston Value RAM at eBuyer looks like it will do
the job and comes in at a similar price:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/55295

What motherboard are we discussing?

Sean