[Hampshire] Cream text editor printing

Author: Russell Gadd
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] Cream text editor printing
Does anyone use the Vim Cream text editor?

In Windows I used Textpad as a general text editor for many years, and
looking around for a gui editor for Linux I have settled on Cream. (I have
learnt the rudiments of vi for command line file editing, but I don't want
to go through the long learning curve to use this instead of a gui editor
for general text manipulation - not programming.)

It seems to do everything I want nicely, except for printing the end result.
I don't like the default output header, mainly because there's no clear
distinction between the header and the file text - I like a line under the
header. At present I am editing in Cream and then opening the file in gedit
just to print it. The other thing I prefer is to see the date/time in the
header.

When I look at customising Cream for print setup it allows you to customise
by altering the setup string which alters the items appearing on the line -
but no last modification time and no line underneath.

I know this is a bit picky but I am very keen on maintaining my
documentation and print out quite a lot of stuff. I wonder if there's a way
to further customise the header, maybe some sort of plugin?

Russell