Re: [Hampshire] Be There?

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Be There?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x572c9100.hantslug.org.uk.3764': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Mar 23 22:26:41 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Tony,

I've no direct experience of Be, so...

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:08:56PM +0000, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> So.... have people had good experiences with Bethere? Or are people like
> A&A worth the better service at lower speeds?

Aren't Be an LLU provider? So you'll have to convert your phone
line to LLU, there will be a period of downtime of the DSL, and you
may have increased hassle switching to another provider later. That
is my understanding of LLU though without direct experience again I
may be speaking lies..

As for service, I haven't really seen anyone having major problems,
and I have seen reports of happy customers getting near to the full
24Mbit. However I suspect it is one of those things where if you DO
have problems they will be about as much use as a chocolate teapot
and you'll have a nightmare.

But like buying things from Ebuyer/Scan/Dabs, a lot of people still
do it.. :)

Cheers,
Andy